Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Connections


(Photo credit: JD Hancock, Creative Commons/Flickr)

In most cases we build relationships with people our entire lives. And, like everything, those relationships change, they grow, evolve, and decay, but above all they don't remain the same. I've recently reunited with a couple of really close friends I thought I'd lost for good. These friends helped me explore myself, find new experiences, and shape how I see the world. To a large degree it is because they were such a huge part of my life for so long that I am who I am today. Without them I would have not discovered the avenues with which I found the values I hold dear. I just thought that maybe there might be people out there who have lost touch with friends, family, or loved ones and think they aren't able to repair the bridge. I'm here to say that you can, and that that is a beautiful thing.


1 comment:

  1. A single cobweb can hold aloft the dreams or heartaches of an entire colony.

    Forget about bridges. Search for those shadowy wisps of sticky thread that hold lives and worlds together, and find the points of attachment.

    And we missed you very much.

    Love ~ Tucker

    ReplyDelete