Saturday, May 30, 2015

Lullaby

(Photo Credit: CCL, https://iamachild.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/asako-eguchi-1952-japanese/)

Written on: 10/12/12

I just want to sleep
And dream the dream of kings
Where my name is known among the stars
Like lullaby's from worlds so far
To feel the rest with weariness all gone
As if but all those living almost lost
Had to have but one wish
And that is that those memories could slip
And fall like comets across the horizon
So that each passing moment passes without requirement
For if in the waking world unseen
To see our lives as if but a dream
Then keep our precious perfect purpose
So preposterous that we could hope for this
But I just want to sleep
Such restful sleep as I have ever known
And would never know again
For if I dream I wish never to leave
And live there in that world of pleasantries
Don't take me back to the waking
Keep my mind from breaking
And tearing down those walls so high
So much so that I want to believe the lie
That those bells could ring
And let them ring
Let my ears soften with each passing
And count them like sheep
As I fall into that sleep
And wake no more
I want to dream
And dream of those things which sustain
And don't crash into my brain so abusively
Like tornadoes lifting my home
I want to rest , and feel the rest
All gone, all left, all buried without recompense
Don't take me down into that hollow ground
And bury me with your words
Don't tear at my mind one syllable at a time
So that you can feel superior
I want to sleep so I can escape
And feel secure within the interior
Like Alice lost beyond the mirror
Don't fret to me like some killer bee
And break me in my solace
Don't shake me in my bed
I don't want to wake
And wield it any more
I can't wear this shroud any longer
I seem lost like some greedy imposter
No home for me ever seemed
No where I could sleep
But now I have and have it I shall
For if not for you I would have long ago drown
But you wake me and curse me
With every breath
Like a tear-stained handkerchief
Why take me away from this peace of mind
Like a burdened over-worn horse gone on its last ride
And you want to ride me still
And bury me on that hill
Why not burn me while I'm alive
It'd be better that way
In the end
Instead of hearing those bells ring
But you should let them ring
And ring they shall
Like some hollow wish put up for sell
But I will have my dream
And sleep the sleep of kings
You can't stop me then
When I'm in my head
And carried across the wind
For in that dream
I will walk among the stars
Singin lullaby's from worlds so far

No comments:

Post a Comment